November 7, 2013

Interview With L.A. Bressett Author of Wild Chase

Author Interview

What inspired you to write your first book?
 
I’ve always enjoyed writing, and after family and kids, it took a backburner for a long while. One day, I just sat down and started writing again, and I haven’t stopped since.

Do you have a specific writing style? 


 
I like to think I do, but it may just be my personality. I like to write realistically, even in fantastical-fictional settings. I want my characters to feel real things and respond the way any person would. Dialogue is especially important to me too, I like that to be as from the heart and real as it can be, without being corny.


How did you come up with the title?

I really wanted to play off of the character’s name somehow. That way, it can have a couple meanings. I kind of like that!

 
Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp? 

Oh yeah! Every single person should stay true to themselves, whatever that means. Our differences make us who we are and nothing and no one should be able to take that from you.


How much of the book is realistic? 

The story is complete fiction, but the traits in my characters are very real. I put a lot of myself, as well as people I love and admire into them.


Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life? 

Sort of. I knew a couple girls growing up that weren’t allowed to do normal things and had to dress a certain way because of their religion. All I could think of was, “well my parents and church aren’t like that! It must be awful!” I wanted a character to have something in her life holding her back that wasn’t something you would normally read about. That kind of stuck with me, so I figured a way to use it in my story.


What books have most influenced your life most? 

I grew up on the Secret Garden, Babysitters Club, Lord of the Rings, and Goosebumps. Having such a wide variety of interests has helped keep my creativity constantly flowing. Aside from that, I think reading as much as I did just gave me an incredible imagination- and that’s where all stories stem from.


If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?
 

I wish I had 10 minutes to sit down with Chelsea Fine- I think that she is fantastic! Such an incredible blend of romance and paranormal-her writing is to die for. Her Archer’s series helped suck me back into reading. She would definitely be an author I’d love to talk to!
 
 

No comments:

Standout Author

I’m on a budget for buying books. That budget is Zero so I am constantly on Amazon looking for free eBooks. I Have found some amazing Author...